Sunday, January 25, 2009

goodbye america..

Jan 25th: I seriously can't believe I'm actually leaving. All the days I counted down, and hours I spent on the phone with Miriam talking about how much longer we still had to go. I remember sitting in my classrooms crossing off days in my agenda and making packing lists. Well, here I am, bags packed and cab coming in half an hour. It's bittersweet; bitter because it means that in reality, I'm actually going to be gone.. separated from my friends and family, but also really sweet, because it means I have new opportunities and amazing experiences waiting just around the bend. Anyways, it's going to be a lot harder to write these as I start actually having school and trips, but I'll try my best and keep reading. Keep in touch, and I love you all!

3 comments:

  1. Tanya,

    I am unable to sleep thinking about you on the plane right now. I love your blog. You are a wonderful writer and your photos are amazing.

    I love you very much.

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear about your many adventures.

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck. if you need a flak jacket, helmet or gas mask, let me know. and stay away from college boys. but who worries?

    love and stuff, granpa don.

    ReplyDelete