Thursday, January 22, 2009

from D.C. to New York

Jan 21st: For the first time in about two weeks, I finally had the chance to sleep in; a rare thing for a junior in high school. We woke up to a car with a dead battery, (shocker), and had to call AAA to jump it. Trust me; we were definitely excited to return that piece of junk. On our way home, we stopped at King David Cemetery to visit my grandfather’s grave. It was nice to see how many stones were placed on the grave, knowing that he was visited many times. We said Kaddish and headed home to pack for the train to New York. I shoved my stuff back into my two large bags and we headed to the Alexandria train station. It was a 4 and a half hour train ride, although I didn’t mind the time at all. We wrote in our blogs, played cards, read and ate. Finally, we arrived in NYC! When we got into the cab, there was a TV screen with the news playing and a touch screen to other links. It kept us occupied until we reached my Cousin Liz’s apartment. We ate dinner, got set up, and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment