Monday, February 23, 2009

thinking

I feel like my brain is on overload here. There is a constant buzz of thoughts, feelings, confusion, understanding, and emotion intermingling. On the first or second day of TRY, the principal told us that the point of coming here is to make us leave more confused. At first, I really couldn't understand it. Weren't we supposed to leave here knowing who we are and where to go from here? No. In the few weeks that I've beenmy own eyes and not through some pictures in a textbook. Maybe it feels so here so far, I've realized that leaving completely fulfilled would be a load of crap. Life isn't about knowing all the answers. In fact, there is no way in hell we'll even get close, but it's about knowing how to ask the right questions. If I leave here knowing how the ask the right questions, then this experience will be completely worthwhile. It still hasn't hit me that I'm here. I'm wondering if it ever really will. Life is like a whole different world here. Living in a dorm, going out with Maya and her friends, seeing the sites here with weird because I feel like my life has just begun. An old chapter has closed, and a new one has just been opened. I think the hardest thing about this experience will be coming home. Trust me, I'll be really happy to see my friends again, and hang out in the summer, but I think it will feel like that old chapter will be reopened. How can you go back to where you started when you already left it? Independence is an amazing thing. You learn how to love and accept others, but also to love yourself. For all of you who still haven't opened that new chapter, know that there is a whole new mass of opportunities just around the corner, and for those of you who have already opened it, accept it, appreciate it, and embrace it. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment